Energy Drink Calms Children With ADHD
August 26, 2011
So here’s the scoop…
An energy drink called Neuro, created by ViSalus Sciences, has been known to calm children who have ADHD!
How is this possible? Well, lets start with comparing ingredients in Neuro to other energy drinks.
- DMAE (brain food) which occurs naturally in fish and is used to treat autism, dementia, mood disorders and to improve vision.
- Arginine which can help lower blood pressure, its great for the immune system and can help speed the healing process of wounds, burns, and other scrapes and cuts. It is can also help enhance circulation throughout the body.
- Rhodiola for endurance. It is recommended for people with chronic fatigue syndrome, fybromyalgia and depression.
- Green Tea Extract which is used to lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol, and promote heart and liver health.
These ingredients are all in the Neuro and NOT in any of the most popular energy drinks such as, Red Bull, Monster, Rock Star, etc.
Now of course there will be some similar ingredients that are common in all energy drinks. But let’s compare the amount in each:
- Caffeine – 45 mg compared to Rock Star which has 151 mg
- Sugar – 1 g compared to Monster which has 52 g
- Taurine - 100 g compared to Red Bull which has 1000 g (Our bodies naturally produce taurine and it helps to reduce high blood pressure. It is currently being tested as a treatment for bipolar disorder.)
So let’s talk about children. We all know that now-a-days everyone has some sort of ADHD. The children that I know who are on Ritalin are completely different people. Depending on the dosage, I have notice a calmer child but almost “zombie-like” and dull. NOT the way a normal child should be.
When these parents gave their children Neuro, they probably weren’t expecting the effects it would have. Everyone started to notice including teachers, family, friends. People were asking “Did you change their medication?”. These children are as young as 3 years old. Why on earth would anyone want to give any kind of product that has caffeine it it to a 3 year old??
The fact is that the important ingredients that are healthy for you and will give you the right kind of energy instead of the jitters and the crash, gave these children the balance that they needed.
Ritalin has an ingredient called methylphenidate hydrochloride which is a stimulant. Stimulants increase activity in the brain and make people more alert and active. So why are we giving these kids a drug instead of a healthy drink that has natural ingredients that cause the same effect?
For more information Click here.
Let me answer any questions you may have about the Neuro Energy Drink or any of the other ViSalus products.